Following is the Schedule of Snow Skiing Courses 2011-12 at IISM Gulmarg, which is run by Ministry of Tourisn, Goverment of India
The Institute conducts various adventure courses in different fields like Snow Skiing, Water Skiing, Parasailing, Hot Ballooning, White Water Rafting/Canoeing, Mountaineering etc.
The Indian Institute of Skiing & Mountaineering has also diversified into hospitalility. It has guest rooms for tourists in a centrally heated building at Gulmarg which compare with some of the best hotels in Gulmarg.
For the year winters of late 2011 and early 2012, the institute is conducting courses as per the following schedule, with 60 spots available for each course.
Course S.No From To
- 01 – 26/12/2011 08/01/2012
- 02 – 09/01/2012 22/01/2012
- 03 – 23/01/2012 05/02/2012
- 04 – 06/02/2012 19/02/2012
- 05 – 20/02/2012 04/03/2012
- 06 – 05/03/2012 18/03/2012
- Medically Fit
- Age between 06 years to 25 years.(Elders can also join if physically fit)
- Rs 5000/- per student per course below 25 years of age.
- Rs. 10,000/- per student per course who are above 25 years of age.
It includes cost of boarding & lodging, training, equipment.
Per day charges for foreigners (not residents of India):
- US $ – 50 per person for 4 persons in a room.
- US $ 100 per person on twin sharing basis & food in restaurant.
Payments may be made though DD/Pay Order in favour of Principal, IISM, Gulmarg, payable at Srinagar (J&K), India
Email: – email@example.com
Tele fax- 01954-254480, 0194-2312749.
Mob: – 09419604990, 09797702322, 09419076335,
During this period the temperature dips to minus 4 to minus 9 degrees celcius at night and 5 to 20 degrees during day time in Gulmarg.
Students must be adequately equipped in clothing.
Essential items are as follows
- Cap balaclava + sun hat
- Goggles/ sun glasses
- Woolen under garments (vest and trouser)
- Woolen pullover
- Jacket/ over coat (ski suit if held)
- Wind/ water proof jacket
- Personal clothing and under garments/ chappals as required
- Shaving kit/ toiletries/ lip cream/Detergent Soap
- Water bottle
- Socks woolen and cotton
- Trekking shoes
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Camera/ eatables/ note pad/iPod/cell phone/ laptop as required
No liquour/smoking is allowed in side or out side the Institute complex during courses.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.